It’s official; we have entered into that awkward stage between winter warmers and spring’s bare arms and ankles. It’s times like these when layering shoots straight to the top of your style agenda and we’re coming to the rescue with our five failsafe layering tricks for navigating the British weather once the coats are cast into storage until the same time next year.
· The mac is your new best friend. It was designed to weather the April showers and it looks damn good doing so. If one doesn’t feature in your wardrobe, you’re missing a layering trick that will never let you down.
· Cardigans aren’t just for your Nanna. Chunky knits rival coats in terms of warmth, meaning you can wear those new season styles sooner than you thought. If you’re partial to longer length cardies, wear them open with a Mulberry plaited belt wrapped around to define your waist and show off your outfit underneath.
· Once upon a time, denim jackets triggered memories of B*Witched that we had hoped would stay buried right at the back of our minds. Fortunately, they have redeemed themselves to become a game-changer in the art of layering. Extra style points for wearing yours with your Jacob Cohen jeans. Double denim has never been so cool.
· Dressing for the switch in seasons doesn’t mean relegating all of your winter wear to the back of the wardrobe. Your ankle boots have served you well with opaque tights and they’ll go the distance with bare legs too now things are heating up. Okay, okay, things WILL be heating up once the Beast goes back to the East.
· Black polo necks are about to become one with your wardrobe. Gossamer thin knits might not feel like much between your fingers but they’re all you need to make your favourite summer slip dresses wearable in more wintery conditions. Just throw your Belstaff leather over the top to complete the look.
Layering is easy when you know how. Visit us in store now and let the Robinsons style experts help you rework your wardrobe with some artfully arranged additions.